Useful Webinar recordings
Pre School to Primary School Webinar
This practical webinar was designed for parents of children starting primary school this September. Panel members gave presentations on: Primary Schools and how they are organised; Learning in the Junior Infant Classroom and How parents can support the transition in the coming months.
View recording HERE.
Simon Lewis: COVID-19 Cheat Sheet for School Leaders Website
A one page website to help school leaders while schools are closed: http://anseo.net/
Follow Simon on YouTube HERE. Simon has put together some excellent tutorials.
Virtual Sports Day Resource
This video tutorial shows how to use the Sligo Education Centre Virtual Sports Day Resource. The resource provides teachers with:
- A step by step guide, on how you can host a Virtual Sports Day in your school.
- A suite of resources including detailed explanations with downloads, explainer videos and music playlists
- A list of household items which can be substituted for normal school equipment
The resource can be accessed on the home page of www.ecsligo.ie
The resource was developed for Sligo Education Centre by tutors Éanna Casey and Adrian Ormsby, alongside Director Daragh McDaid. A series of nationwide Live Webinars was held through Education Support Centres Ireland (ESCI) during May/June 2020 with almost 2000 participants.
View tutorial HERE
Visit Virtual Sports Day Resource Page HERE
Literacy on the Loose: Supports for Families at Home
Webinar on Literacy on the Loose: series of short videos celebrating and highlighting the opportunities in the every day lives of families for parents to support young children learning to read and write. View Webinar HERE.
- Literacy in Nature - view short video HERE
- Literacy on the Television - view short video HERE
- Literacy on the Mobile - view short video HERE
- Literacy in the Kitchen - view short video HERE
- Literacy with Two Languages - view short video HERE
- Literacy on Devices - view short video HERE
- Literacy on the Couch - view short video HERE
Supporting Literacy Acquisition with Pauline Cogan - Monday, 25th May @ 2pm
This webinar will present information and eclectic methods on how young children with and without SEN can learn to read successfully. Information includes: Language development, The essential nature of reading, Alphabet knowledge, The best order for reaching sounds, Phonological Awareness Development, The dual route approach to reading (Look and Say plus phonics), The triangular model of reading, The three phases of literacy acquisition, Recruiting parents and grandparents for reading practice at home, Recruiting the Peter Hatcher method, The speed of teaching regarding literacy, Developing reading comprehension, Reading fluency, reading speed and reading prosody, The three rules for teaching literacy and Q & A (15 minutes).
Online Platforms: Maintaining Momentum and Refining Practice with Simon Lewis - Tuesday, 19th May @ 10am
At this stage, many schools have decided what way they are using remote learning. Simon Lewis will give a short overview of the common platforms and then give ideas on how to maintain momentum and refine practice for the remaining weeks. This will be followed by a live question and answer session. Simon is an IPPN Board Member and is well known for his work with technology in education for the last two decades.
ieducate.ie Education Webinars - Teaching Using Zoom - Streamed live on 1 May 2020
A special webinar co-hosted by the Education Centre Network and IMS to demonstrate the capabilities of Zoom in an Education setting.
Zoom for Education - 22 Apr 2020
A special webinar co-hosted by the Education Centres Athlone, Clare, Galway, Kildare, Laois, and Integrated Media Solutions Limerick, to demonstrate to School Principals the capabilities of the Zoom Conferencing platform in an education setting.
Special Webinar: Using Zoom Securely - Hosted by IMS & Techsonic - - 15th April 2020
A special webinar hosted by Integrated Media Solutions Ireland & TechSonic South Africa, to demonstrate how to use Zoom securely.
Middletown Centre of Autism - Jill McCanney Webinar - Personal Care
This recorded webinar examines a range of factors which can impact an autistic child or young person’s ability to engage in personal care activities, with specific focus on sensory sensitivities in personal care, and how sensory-based strategies can support participation. Other strategies and resources which can promote engagement in these tasks are discussed.
Mental Health eLearning Courses for Teachers
@JigsawYMH in collaboration with @ESCItweets have developed a number of interactive online training courses for teachers about building mental health literacy and learning how to promote positive mental health in schools.
- Thursday, 23rd April, 4pm – 5pm | Teacher-self-care for Post-Primary Teachers WATCH NOW
- Thursday 30th April, 4pm – 5pm | Teacher Self-care for Primary Teachers WATCH NOW
- Thursday 7th May, 4pm – 5pm | School connectedness – How are teachers currently maintaining school connections with students while being disconnected (during school closures) WATCH NOW
- Thursday 14th May, 4pm – 5pm | Managing Student stress and anxiety - How can teachers support their students to cope with the stress and anxiety of ‘unknowns’ re exams in the midst of Covid-19. WATCH HERE