CREATIVE WRITING RESIDENCIES FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
Creative Writing Residencies for Primary Schools
Promoting Writing in School through the lens of Development Education
Jointly funded by Poetry Ireland/Irish Aid, Clare Education Centre and the Clare County Council Arts Office
Opportunity for 8 schools to avail of:
- Two Professional Development sessions for participating teachers. The sessions will focus on the Creative Writing process through the lens of Development Education.
- Croke Park hour workshop for the teaching staff of each participating school, with a Creative Writing facilitator
- 4 x 1.5 hour Creative Writing sessions with one class from each of 8 schools with a Creative Writing facilitator
This arts-based teacher professional development programme in Development Education is aimed at practising primary teachers. It will be cross-curricular, focused on constructive instruction and the development of critical literacy and higher order thinking skills. Workshops will be participative with an emphasis on reflection, joint problem solving and a sharing of expertise and experience.
CLICK HERE to apply to participate in the project
- Places will be allocated to each of 8 Applicant Schools. Only one class per school can participate.
- Places will be allocated on a First Come, First Served Basis.
- Each participating school is also asked to contribute €150 towards the project costs.
The Creative Writer facilitator is John W. Sexton (see attached Profile).
CLICK HERE for further information on the Writers in Schools scheme, an initiative run by Poetry Ireland.